Positive Adventures is hiring Summer Camp Adventures Guides to support our adventure-based summer camp here in San Diego. Camp runs Monday-Friday with a new outdoor adventure each day. Our staff guide kayaking, snorkeling, rock climbing and surfing adventures, while cultivating an environment of fun, safety and teamwork. Our campers range from ages 7-12 and love being outside! You can find more information by visiting our camp website. www.positiveadventures.com/summer-camps/
Camp Staff must Attend Staff Training June 7th-9th
Positive Adventures Camps meet at different locations throughout the week. Drop off time is between 8:00am – 8:30am, pickup is between 4:30pm – 5:00pm.
Explorers (Ages 7-9) & Navigator (Ages 10-12) Program Locations:
Monday: Mission Beach/Mission Bay – Snorkeling and Beach Activities
Tuesday: Mission Trails Regional Park – Rock Climbing Adventure
Wednesday: Aqua Adventures Mission Bay – Kayaking
Thursday: Mission Beach – Surfing and Sand Castle Build Contest
Friday: Mission Trails Regional Park – Hiking and Exploration
Session 1 – June 14 – June 18
Session 2 – June 21 – June 25
Session 3 – June 28 – July 2
Session 4 – July 5 – 9 (Almost Full)
Session 5 – July 12 – 16 (Almost Full)
Session 6 – July 19 – 23 (Almost Full)
Session 7 – July 26 – 30
Session 8 – August 2 – 6
- Facilitate groups of 13-15 campers through multi-activity OE curriculum.
- Ability to facilitate team building initiatives, group games, ice breakers and warm up activities. Training provided. Prior experience is a plus.
- Manage the risk involved with OE programs including group management, activity specific risks and emotional and social boundaries.
- Manage belay stations effectively in both the ropes course and top-rope rock climbing site environments. Training provided. Prior experience is a plus.
- Lead groups through activity rotations such as: high ropes course, scrambling and hiking, environmental education hikes and lessons, low ropes team building.
- Prior experience is a plus.
- Current First Aid/CPR
- WFR or WEMT preferred
- 2 years of experience working in the outdoor education field with youth.
- Proficient skills in the following: group facilitation, team-building initiatives and games, belaying, ropes courses, risk management, environmental education and interpretation, ecology and natural history.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to manage youth groups.
- Reliable mode of transportation (carpool options avail) and cell phone.
- Availability to attend a three-day paid training June 7th-9th
- Ability to pass a background check/live scan.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Summer Camp Adventure Guide in the title of your email.
Thank you for your interest in Positive Adventures!
Success is a choice, choose Positive.