Boring and dry job descriptions just don’t fit our culture.
Positive Adventures is looking for a glass-half-full, gleaming with positive energy, hard-working, and committed team member to join the PA family! Our team is filled with active, healthy community-minded professionals who are committed to our mission and core values.
Our growth mindset and commitment to professional development makes this job ideal for someone looking to grow with a company and organization.
Due to current Shelter at Home provisions set forth in the state of California, this position will be a remote role until this restriction has been lifted, at which time the position will likely transition into an office position based out of the San Diego office headquarters.
About Positive Adventures:
Positive Adventures is a premier experiential education company, providing:
- Business Consulting/Team Building
- Charitable Corporate Team Events (such as helping a company install a playground at a local school)
- Corporate Retreats
- Outdoor Education Youth Programs
- Virtual Individual and Team Programs
We utilize adventurous experiences and team activities to educate and create platforms for personal and professional growth. Businesses see more productive teams and retain talent. Youth learn how to work as a team, build self-confidence and overcome obstacles.
- Purposeful Programming
- Family First
- Efficient Excellence
- Constant Stoke and Community Do-Gooding
- Sustainability: Preserve, Conserve, Change
Positive Adventures has an immediate need for a 30-40 hours/week senior bookkeeper to support our financial department. This person is highly organized, and thrives working in a creative, entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
The Senior Bookkeeper is accountable for the creation and flow of financial reporting necessary operate a successful and financially healthy organization.
- Create quarterly financial reports within two weeks of the close of quarter
- Schedule quarterly meetings with the ownership team
- Update the ownership dashboard on a weekly basis
- Weekly updates of the sales report, open invoice report, and expense report
- Reconcile all accounts on a weekly basis
- Manage the flow of cash and the use of the LOC as needed
- Pay 100% of all credit card balances in a timely manner
- Deposit client payment within 1 week of receiving payment
- Ensure that the accounts receivable does not exceed $100,000
- Contact clients as needed to request overdue payment
- Create invoices for sales personal within 24 hours of request
Payroll and Employee paperwork:
- Enter all new hire employee paperwork and ensure employees have access to ADP payroll system
- File new employee paperwork within 5 days of the start of employment
- Manage employee reimbursement
- Process payroll by-weekly including a report to staff of what programs were paid during the specific pay period
- Answer all part time employee payroll related emails within 24 hours
- Work with operations team to finalize actualized costing on jobs within 30 days of job completion
- Enter expenses passed on through receipts and online purchases
- Provide insight on how to manage the CM of jobs in a more effective manner
Communication (Internal & External):
- Respond to all emails within 24 hours
- Schedule meetings using Google calendar with staff as needed to complete job tasks
- Minimum of 2-3 years bookkeeper experience
- Previous experience with QuickBooks
- ADP System familiarity
- Expensify experience a plus
30-40 hours per hours per week, based on availability of highly skilled individual.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org