Are you a go-getter? Do you excel in forging lasting client relationships, and creating new, fresh ideas? Do you want to work for a young, fast-paced, up-and-coming company that values giving back to our community and environmental stewardship? If so, then Positive Adventures is looking for you!
Positive Adventures has an immediate need for a full-time, experienced, extremely organized Sales Development Representative to join our sales team. We are looking for someone that can take charge and work independently, yet work each day alongside sales team members in a fast-paced, efficient manner. We are looking for a true leader, someone that leads by example, able to do what they expect of others, a successful, energetic, and goal-oriented individual.
As Sales Development Representative, you will actively participate in all stages of sales activities, from client qualification, account management, customer relationship management, creating proposals, costing sheets, program research, outbound and inbound lead creation and management, tracking and responding to leads, developing and distributing various sales messages and opportunities, and closing deals. The ability to cultivate and initiate relationships, develop instant rapport, ask open-ended questions (and listen to the answers) are keys to success.
You must prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously, as well as follow through on issues in a very timely manner. This role will be asked to provide research on clients, new programs, and event locations. This role must possess specialized knowledge of the team building, organizational development or events industry.
- Heavy outbound email and calls to prospective clients
- Identify clients’ needs and qualifications
- Product and Service Presentations and Proposals to deliver to prospective clients
- Time, Task and Opportunity management using Sales CRM
- Utilization of Pipedrive and creation of CRM reports
- Consistently meets Sales and Cash Quotas
- Educate and stay up to date with in-person and virtual team events and programming
- Develop and execute strategies to drive business in new and existing markets
- Work with coworkers to collectively achieve individual & team objectives
- Effectively handing off all sales to operations
- Seek referrals and introductions from current clients
- Execution on sales, follow-ups, thank you cards, cold calls, and sales and marketing projects
- Responsible for managing heavy calendar activities: times, descriptive information, confirming calls with clients, sending on conference call information, etc.
- Must interact with other executives, assistants and consultants, must participate in a variety of sales meetings
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Events industry sales experience preferred
- History of sales and revenue growth
- Competitive nature and high sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking
- Strong, persuasive communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and customize strategic customer partnerships
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone
- Ability to be a positive advocate for yourself and our services in all business settings
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Ability to ask for help when needed instead of re-inventing the wheel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for a degree
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Office (predominantly Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program such as Pipedrive or Salesforce
While this position is remote until we open our office again in late 2021, qualified candidates must have a permanent residence in San Diego, CA. Must have a quiet and professional remote setup that allows them to make phone calls as well as participate in various video conferences and meetings throughout the course of the week.
Submit your cover letter, summarizing your experience and qualifications along with your resume to email@example.com.
In the Subject Line of your email, please write Sales Development Representative, your Name and one of our core values that you identify with the most.