Outdoor Education Assistant Program Coordinator
Positive Adventures is looking for an organized individual with aspirations of personal and professional growth, to join the Positive Adventures family. Our team is filled with active, healthy, and community-minded people. We are committed to our companies’ mission and core values. Finding an individual who can complement our office culture is equally as important as meeting the minimum job qualifications. If you feel you would enjoy surfing before work or going for a jog at lunch with your team, you have found the right place.
Our company’s commitment to growth makes this position ideal for someone looking to advance personally and professionally over the next several years. We offer employees a series of benefits including a wellness plan, flex-time work schedule, a professional development package, as well as health, retirement, and vacation packages. Some other unique benefits include yoga in our courtyard, our annual retreat to the mountains, and company BBQs on the beach. If you love planning and implementing events, being creative, and would like to join an extremely committed and hardworking team, please apply.
About Our Company
Positive Adventures is a premier experiential education company, providing:
- Corporate Retreats
- Outdoor Education Youth Programs focused on Leadership Development
- Business Consulting and Team Building
- Charitable Corporate Team Events
We use adventurous experiences as a medium to expose opportunities for growth in individuals, and therefore, their organization as a whole. Schools and businesses see more productive teams and healthier environments. Individuals learn how to build self-confidence, best work as a team, and overcome obstacles.
Our Core Values
- Purposeful Programming
- Family First
- Efficient Excellence
- Constant Stoke
- Community Do-Gooding
- Sustainability: Preserve, Conserve, Change
Positive Adventures has an immediate need for a full-time (40 hrs. a week), extremely organized Assistant Program Coordinator for our Outdoor Education Operations Team. This person is highly adaptable and thrives in a creative, entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
The Assistant Program Coordinator must be detail-oriented, self-directing, focused and able to balance multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines. This person must possess the ability to communicate with clients, teammates, and vendors in a professional manner. This position requires an individual to be highly proactive in order to anticipate and complete tasks prior to being assigned.
- Reports to the Senior Director of Outdoor Education
- Manage All Participant Paperwork through the Digital Waiver Platform
- Creating student participant packets, collaborating with school administrators, seeing the completion of all documents, and printing digital paperwork
- Program Pack Outs
- Food Buys
- Pack Out and Food Buy Schedule
- Management of company vehicle maintenance
- Renting vehicles as needed
- Requesting and scheduling support as needed
- Maintaining equipment with an effective repair platform, requesting purchases as necessary
- Application of Permits
- Monthly Reporting
- Annual Reporting
Warehouse Inventory and Operations
- Regarding equipment, program supplies, PA uniforms, and bulk food purchasing
- Oversee and support part-time Logistics Coordinator including but not excluding packing gear, vehicles, program food buys, de-rigs, managing logistics calendars, and projecting additional support for the warehouse
Administrative Support to the Senior Director of Outdoor Education and the Director of Operations
- Monitoring Client Intake Forms
- Support New Hires with Onboarding Paperwork
- Responsible for On-Site Program Facilitator & Client Paperwork
- Proofreading, editing, and printing as needed
Processing Post Program Paperwork
- Staff Evaluations
- Incident Reports
- Client Feedback
Necessary Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or significant work experience.
- At least 2-years experience with office administrative management.
- Minimum of 1-year experience outdoor education field.
- Excellent at using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Proficient on Mac IOS.
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with the G-Suite for email, calendar use, and file management
- Must be able to provide at least a 1-year minimum commitment.
- Must have own transportation and be able to lift up to 45lbs.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with positive professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
Full time 40 hours per week. $18-20 per hour plus benefits. Annualized at $37,440- $41,600.
- 10 Days Paid Time Off and 6 Floating Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
All benefits are available after 60 days of employment
To apply for this position, submit your cover letter, summarizing your experience and qualifications along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes must be turned in no later than 3:00 pm on Sunday, January 6th, 2019.
In the Subject Line of your email please write your last name, first name, and the Positive Adventures Core Value that you identify with most.
The ideal start date for this position is January 23rd – February 1, 2019