Positive Adventures, based in San Diego, is seeking a passionate, motivated, glass-half-full, gleaming with positive energy, hard-working, committed team player to join the PA Family as our Director of Programs in our Outdoor Education department.
Our team is filled with active, healthy, community-minded professionals who are committed to our mission and core values. Our growth mindset and commitment to professional development makes this job ideal for someone looking to grow within our company over the next three to five years.
Our Mission & Core Values:
Our Mission is to provide clients with unique opportunities that create a platform for team growth, personal achievement, and education through experiential learning.
We are guided by a set of core values that are an integral part of our everyday business life.
- Family First
- Efficient Excellence
- Purposeful Programming
- Constant Stoke & Community Do-Gooding
- Sustainability: Preserve, Conserve, Change
The ideal candidate will be highly flexible, inherently positive, and thrives working in a creative, entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Management and Mentorship of Program and Logistic Coordinators
- Management and Training of Seasonal Field Staff
- Curriculum Development and Program Design
- Field Staff Recruitment, Onboarding, and Retention
- On-Site Field Management
- Risk Management and Policy Development
- Course Area Development and Annual CUA Permit Oversight
- Revenue Growth of Department Working in Conjunction with our Sales Team
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Director Level Position
- Expertise in the Outdoor Education industry through higher education or prior experience
- Excellent communication skills- including writing, proofreading and speaking.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing new systems to handle business growth
- Excellent interpersonal and mentorship skills
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Proven track record of recruiting, retaining and managing field instructors
- Certifications Required- Wilderness First Responder
- Certifications Preferred- ACCT, AMGA, LNT, ACA.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
More About the Outdoor Education Department:
- Over the last 12 years, the Outdoor Education Department has grown to serve annually more than 2,500 youth from a variety of independent and charter schools.
- Our growth is contributed to a focus on professionalism, training & increased compensation for field staff, risk-management practices, operational excellence, and a commitment to customer service in order to cultivate multi-year school partnerships.
- Our average school program hosts 50-100 students. Programs ranging from 3-5 days in length and focus on middle to high school grade levels.
- We operate programs throughout California and neighboring states in residential camp settings, national & state park campgrounds, and backcountry environments. The peak seasons are March-June and August-November.
About Positive Adventures:
Founded in 2007, Positive Adventures, based in San Diego, California is a premier experiential education company, providing business consulting, offsite team building, outdoor education, adventure recreation, youth programming services, and offsite corporate retreats to individuals and groups across the country. We utilize adventurous experiences and team activities to educate and create platforms for personal and professional growth. From our purposeful programming, businesses see more productive teams and retain talent. Youth learn how to work as a team, build self-confidence and overcome obstacles. Adventurers find a new love of the outdoors and a passion for activities they’ve always wanted to try.
Please send your cover letter and resume to PAJobs@positiveadventures.com. In the subject line of the email please put the job title and which Positive Adventures core value you resonate with most. Attached to the email please include a 10-15 second video introducing yourself to our team.
Accepting resumes until the position is filled.