Positive Adventures, based in San Diego, is seeking a passionate, motivated, glass-half-full, gleaming with positive energy, hard-working, committed team player to join the PA Family as an Administrative Assistant to support our company Founder and Executive Chairman.
About Positive Adventures:
Founded in 2007, Positive Adventures, based in San Diego, California is a premier experiential education company, providing business consulting, offsite team building, outdoor education, adventure recreation, youth programming services, and offsite corporate retreats to individuals and groups across the country. We utilize adventurous experiences and team activities to educate and create platforms for personal and professional growth. From our purposeful programming, businesses see more productive teams and retain talent. Youth learn how to work as a team, build self-confidence and overcome obstacles. Adventurers find a new love of the outdoors and a passion for activities they’ve always wanted to try.
Our Mission & Core Values:
Our Mission is to provide clients with unique opportunities that create a platform for team growth, personal achievement, and education through experiential learning.
We are guided by a set of core values that are an integral part of our everyday business life.
- Family First
- Efficient Excellence
- Purposeful Programming
- Constant Stoke & Community Do-Gooding
- Sustainability: Preserve, Conserve, Change
Our team is filled with active, healthy, community-minded professionals who are committed to our mission and core values. Our growth mindset and commitment to professional development makes this job ideal for someone looking to grow within our company over the next three to five years. We are looking for someone that can take charge and work alongside our Chairman in a fast-paced, efficient manner. If you are not an office ninja and a ‘slayer of tasks’, please do not apply for this job.
The ideal candidate will be highly flexible, inherently positive, and thrives working in a creative, entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
Necessary Minimum Qualifications:
Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking
Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of the staff and meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience working with the “entrepreneur type” and strong personalities
Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision and anticipate needs
- Flexibility in your schedule for regular calls and check-ins.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Strong sleuthing skills to find documents and do research
Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree
- At least 1-year experience with office administrative management
- At least 1-year experience coordinating special events
Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Basecamp, Dropbox, Excel, & PowerPoint for PCs & MACs
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have own transportation
- Must have own laptop
- The Administrative Assistant’s primary objective is to support Company Founder/Chairman in all executive activities and personal tasks.
- The Administrative Assistant must prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously, as well as follow through on issues in a very timely manner.
- The Administrative Assistant possesses specialized knowledge of the outdoor education and corporate team building industry as well as a bachelor’s degree.
- A degree in business or administration is ideal.
- The Administrative Assistant will be asked to provide research on clients, new programs, and event locations along with writing correspondence and creating reports for the Chairman.
- The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for aligning Chairman with proper speaking engagements on a regular basis.
- The Administrative Assistant will be asked to prepare the Chairman and all materials for calls and meetings, take notes, and send all follow up correspondence in lieu of the Chairman.
- The Administrative Assistant will be expected to anticipate the calendar and all needs of the Chairman.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
Monitoring Chairman’s email, labeling emails, and making sure all emails are answered. No email may be left unanswered.
The Administrative Assistant must be responsible for managing heavy calendar activities: times, descriptive information, Zoom links, Google addresses, and directions. A physical trip sheet must be created for every travel activity as well as phone calls and check ins to ensure the Chairman is prepared for all travel, meetings and events.
Set all meetings or conference calls with clients or affiliates. Before a meeting or conference call, a reminder must be sent to all parties 1 day before and multiple reminders must be given to the Chairman to ensure he is prepared.
Must interact with other executives, assistants and consultants.
Take minutes during all staff and executive meetings.
Creation of a printed/emailed Task Sheet every day and walk Chairman through all tasks to ensure their completion. Task Sheets evolve and grow every day with throughout the day after each check in.
Assist in the pipelining or forecasting preparation as well as the management.
Creation of a Trip Sheet for every meeting, program, or engagement.
Prepare all presentation materials per the Chairman’s direction.
Monitor EO Calendar and activities —all Meetings, Entrepreneur meetups, relationship building, preparation for monthly meeting, and quarterly learning days.
Proposal Creation and Costing when Sales Team is booked which requires some permitting research, site research, rental research, etc.
Client Management FROM Chairman’s email per his dictation *if approved and requested by Chairman.
Office Maintenance (ordering needed supplies, and organization).
May be asked to create and contribute to a bi-monthly newsletter, blog, or social media post creation.
Upkeep of Chairman’s experiential resume and LinkedIn Profile.
Applications for local/national awards and podcasts/interviews to increase exposure of Positive Adventures, LLC mission.
Send referral gift cards or gifts to long-term clients/those who have referred business our way, and sometimes order/send personal gifts.
Must compile all written notes by Chairman to review each week.
Weekly check-in meeting with CEO of company for coaching and role management and support
Additional Qualifications (though not necessary):
- Prior experience working in an entrepreneurial or start up setting.
- Prior experience working in an event planning support or sales support role.
- Prior experience working very closely with an employer who requires high-levels of communication and check ins.
Flexible work schedule – hybrid model of in-person meetings with Executive Chairman at office or offsite, as well as remote work
Outdoor pro-deals up to 50% off
Custom wellness plan
And most of all, the opportunity to create life-changing events for teams every day by creating much needed opportunities for corporations to give back to their local communities.
To apply for this position:
In order to apply for this position, you must be available for a 1-hour interview. The interview will require you to have a computer accessible with email/internet access and Microsoft Word capabilities.
To apply for this position, submit your cover letter, summarizing your experience and qualifications along with your resume to email@example.com.
In the Subject Line of your email please write Administrative Assistant – your Last Name, one of our core values that you identify with the most.