Positive Adventures is currently hiring a seasonal, full time Outdoor Education Coordinator to support our 2014 Fall Outdoor Education Season. This position offers full time work starting July 15, 2014-October 31, 2014 and encompasses a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to outdoor education administration, course logistics planning, and program course directing.
Positive Adventures’ Programs:
PA’s OE season consists of courses 3-5 days in length. A majority of our programs take place in front country or residential camp settings with a few courses running in the backcountry.
The ages of participants range from 12-17 years of age. This OE season, our courses are held in and around Southern California including Idyllwild, Big Bear, Santa Barbara, Joshua Tree National Park and the Sierra Mountain Range.
• Pre-season Course Preparation including: camp coordination, course permitting and program gear overhaul
• Manage pre-course logistics including program gear pack outs, program food buys, pre-course paperwork, and staff preparation
• Communicate with clients regarding participant paperwork, medical concerns, and pre-course organization
• Course direct programs of up to 100 students: managing staff teams, program logistics, and risk management
• Communicate effectively and support our COO with administrative and logistical needs
• Background in Outdoor Education
• 3-5 years experience with outdoor education logistics and program management
• Current WFR. WEMT AMGA or ACCT
• Ability to work with others in a flexible and ever-changing environment
• Knowledge of course areas listed above preferred
• Superior customer service and the utmost level of professionalism in our field
Salary/Full-time position from July 15th-October 31st
$6,500-$7,500 depending on experience. Salary does not include room and board.
Please send your resume and cover letter to
Erin Mcann at Erin@PositiveAdventures.com
Please put your first and last name as well as the position title in the subject line of the email.